Your safety is our highest priority at Astoria Hot Springs. Due to COVID-19, we are taking careful precautions to keep our community safe and healthy while enjoying the hot springs.
It is important for us to meet or exceed the guidelines set forth by local, regional, state and federal agencies for operating in a COVID-19 environment. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Astoria Hot Springs, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. All guests must take personal responsibility for their own health and safety when visiting by making good choices.
Please take time to review the following information, our Locals Only policy and our additional COVID FAQs.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Astoria is open to locals only and includes residents of Teton County (WY & ID), Lincoln County, WY, and Sublette County, WY.
- Every person in party must have proof with local ID or current local pay stub – be prepared to show it to the check-in staff upon arrival.
- Not accepted documentation at this time: property taxes, lease agreements, utility bills, HOA dues, car registration, other forms of ID
- The following vehicles must ALWAYS use overflow parking (follow the sign on property): RVs and vehicles towing boats, campers and trailers
- Dogs are not allowed at Astoria anywhere on the premises including the parking lot. Because this is a wildlife corridor, dogs must be inside your vehicle before, during and after your soak if they are with you. Exit the property’s parking area before you let them out to use the bathroom. Please leave your dog at home if you are concerned about heat or the cold.
- No outside alcohol is permitted, and no glass containers are permitted anywhere on site.
- Reservations in advance are highly encouraged, as time slots do sell out. For example: If you purchase a pool pass for the 9:00-12pm time period, please arrive at 9:00am to check-in and understand that your time at Astoria ends at 12:00pm. If you need the changing room, please leave the pool area in plenty of time to exit the property promptly by 12:30pm. The staff needs time to clean and disinfect all areas before the next group arrives.
- Sign your waivers online. You will receive an email 48 hours prior to your reservation – follow the prompts to complete your waivers. It’s easy! Please make sure each person in your group has a signed waiver.
- A maximum of two (2) parties can enter the Welcome Center at a time for check-in.
- Walk-in reservations are highly discouraged. Walk-ins will be asked to wait in line behind the patrons that reserved in advance and may be turned away if Astoria is at maximum capacity (70 patrons per time slot).
- Social distancing and face coverings are required in Teton County. Any person 3 & older must wear a face covering at all times when not actively swimming in the pools, indoors and outdoors.
- Show up ready to swim! The changing rooms are very limited with a low maximum capacity at a time. There are cubbies available on site but no lockers. We suggest leaving valuables at home or in your car.
HOW WE ARE PREPARED
- Limited capacity; maximum of 70 patrons per time slot
- Face coverings worn by all staff and required of patrons when not actively swimming
- Social distancing at all times indoors and outdoors
- Sneeze guard at Welcome Center check-in desk
- Hand-sanitizing stations
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of common touch points throughout the property
- Touchless transactions whenever possible
WE ASK OF YOU
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home.
- Wash hands often and use hand sanitizer where available.
- Wear a face covering at all times when not actively swimming.
- Maintain safe physical distancing from other parties.
ASTORIA IS OPEN TO LOCALS ONLY. WHAT DOES "LOCAL" MEAN?
Locals only includes residents of Teton County (WY & ID), Lincoln County, WY, and Sublette County, WY. Every person in party must have proof with local ID or current local pay stub - be prepared to show it to the check-in staff upon arrival. Without your local ID or current local pay stub, you will not be allowed in at this time. Not permitted at this time: property taxes, lease agreements, utility bills, car registration or insurance, HOA dues Please understand that this is our policy due to COVID-19, and the check-in staff is bound by the rules set by the Board of Directors of Astoria Park Conservancy.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS DOES ASTORIA TAKE TO MAKE SURE LOCALS ARE SAFE?
Astoria follows all CDC guidelines, state restrictions and local ordinances. A regular disinfecting and cleaning process is implemented. Staff and patrons are required to social distance and wear face coverings whenever not actively swimming in the pools. Check back often for updated COVID information.
ARE ADVANCED RESERVATIONS REQUIRED?
Ideally. It's easy to make a reservation online!
ARE WALK-IN RESERVATIONS POSSIBLE?
Walk-in reservations are highly discouraged. Walk-ins may be turned away if Astoria is at maximum capacity.
HOW MANY PATRONS WILL ASTORIA ALLOW AT ONE TIME?
70 patrons maximum are allowed entry during each time slot. A 30-minute break between groups gives staff time to disinfect the changing rooms, lounge chairs and other public spaces.
HOW MUCH TIME IS THE PURCHASE OF A POOL PASS GOOD FOR?
During COVID-19, a Pool Pass at Astoria is good for a specific time slot. The Picnic Pavilion is also available to rent during the same time slots.
HOW CAN YOU BE PREPARED?
Show up ready to swim! The changing rooms have a very limited maximum capacity during COVID. There are cubbies inside and outside but no lockers available. We suggest leaving valuables at home or in your car. We plan to rent towels in the future but do not at this time. We do have towels for sale if your forget yours.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT UPON ARRIVAL?
A maximum of two (2) parties can enter the Welcome Center at a time for check-in. Face coverings are required at all times when not actively swimming in the pools.
HOW CAN YOU HELP KEEP STAFF AND OTHER PATRONS SAFE?
Maintain social distancing (6 feet apart) at all times including when you are in line to check-in, on the pool decks, in the pools, in the Welcome Center, and in the changing rooms. Most importantly! If you do not feel 100% and have a headache, a scratchy throat or feel slightly under the weather, please do not enter Astoria Hot Springs.