Join our Team
Astoria Park Conservancy employs numerous positions throughout the year, including year-round, seasonal, full-time and part-time opportunities. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring Astoria Park Conservancy’s vision that time spent at Astoria will foster healthier and happier individuals and a more broadly connected community. Astoria Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. Criminal background checks are required for all positions.
Please view the current available positions below.
Director of Operations and Facilities
Astoria Park Conservancy is hiring a Director of Operations and Facilities!
As part of the leadership team, the Director of Operations and Facilities is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations and maintenance of facilities to provide a safe and positive experience for visitors. The position is responsible for leading staff teams, including welcome center team and facilities team, ensuring staff is meeting and exceeding expectations to reach quarterly goals and achieve strategic priorities set by the board of directors. This position oversees budgetary areas directly related to property management, visitor services, and park operations. The Director of Operations and Facilities will create annual work plans to help achieve long term strategic objectives, and support other needs as they arise. This position will require flexibility of scheduling and the ability to be “on-call” regularly.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have demonstrated experience recruiting, hiring and leading staff
- Be willing to work in a flexible work environment, with changing demands
- Demonstrate deep passion for Astoria Park Conservancy’s mission and vision
- Develops systems for staff operations, implements new processes that support rapidly changing business demands, and train new staff to reach deep understanding of both
- Ensures soaking, F+B, and retail programs meet budgetary goals, and oversee vendor relationships and product purchases that align with Astoria’s values
- Collaborate closely with leadership team to ensure communication and preparation is streamlined and coordinated for private events, programming, and fundraising needs
- Support Executive Director and Board of Directors in strategic long-term planning
- Renew liquor license and other operations-related permitting for hot springs
- Ensure the park grounds, buildings, and other facilities are managed to high standard
- Oversee management of pool system to meet health department requirements as CPO
- Plan for seasonal needs to ensure facility upkeep and coordinate maintenance needs
- Collaborate closely with Executive Director and Phase-Two Action Task Force to finalize plans for larger park development
- Schedule any emergency repairs for existing facilities
Manage property permits, including wells, discharge permits, and easements
- Ensure staff is trained appropriately, with focus on customer service, safety, and mission-based communication to guests
- Create positive staff culture, reflective of APC’s values, mission and vision
- Support hiring necessary for full staffing of facilities and welcome center teams
- Manage PTO and schedule requests for facilities and welcome center teams
- Facilitate annual review process for staff and conduct reviews of direct reports
To apply, please send a cover letter, three professional references, and a resume to email@example.com.
Front Desk Attendant
Looking for Welcome Center team members!
Join our hot springs team as a customer service representative of Astoria Park Conservancy. We are a non-profit hot springs and park with a mission to connect our community through inspiring experiences in nature that improve livability, health, and wellbeing.
We are looking for two positive individuals to expand our group of wonderful employees. Our current openings are late afternoon shifts, leaving your morning free for another part time job, a hike or a sleep in!
- Competitive pay at $22/hour + tips. It can add up to $2-4 more per hour!
- Soaking benefits after hours and 50% off merch, snacks and bevies;
- Approximately 30 hours/week; 3pm-9pm shifts; weekends a must;
- Mixture of indoor and outdoor tasks, keeping it fresh!
A sampling of responsibilities: check-in greeter, computer reservations, general upkeep of pools and changing rooms between sessions, concessions sales, phones and emails, getting to know your local community members!